Who we are and what we do…
Founded in 1999, Pride Cymru is Wales’s largest LGBT+ charity and our aim is to eliminate discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity within Wales.
We seek to work within all areas of the LGBT+ community in Wales and by co-production, engagement and partnering with other organisations we have a programme of projects aimed at supporting specifically the LGBT+ community, but also aimed at developing links with the wider community. Our intention is to increase understanding and respect for all which will lead to a reduction in hatecrime.
Other streams of work include looking at ways to improve health and wellbeing through raising awareness of LGBT+ focused information and services. Pride Cymru’s work in the community continues throughout the year, but the charity is best known for the annual Pride Cymru event traditionally held in August. Through the support of our partners, we are seeking to make Pride Cymru 2017 the biggest and most successful yet! See how you can help us achieve this…
- Over 12,000 visitors attend Pride Cymru’s annual event every year, with over 8,000 taking part in our city centre parade.
- Pride Cymru is the first Pride event in the UK to be accredited with a Silver Award by Attitude is Everything as a result of the work carried out in 2015 in terms of improving accessibility for deaf and disabled attendees. And was also highly commended for an Attraction award at the Cardiff Regional Awards 2016.
- Pride Cymru reaches out to over 7,000 Twitter followers and 6,500 Facebook followers and generates extensive media coverage regionally, locally and nationally.
- It costs over £250,000 to stage and sustain Pride Cymru each year. See how you can help us achieve this…
Pride Cymru is delighted to offer a variety of tailored sponsorship opportunities for businesses and organisations of all sizes. We also have a number of dedicated areas available for sponsorship. If would like to join an increasing number of public and private sector supporters, we would love to hear from you. Please contact us to see how we can work together.
Want to get your brand noticed by thousands of visitors from Wales and beyond? Advertising at Pride Cymru is an excellent way to provide brand visibility to a targeted audience. We have a wide range of advertising and promotional opportunities available, ranging from online and in print to a presence on site via our big screen.
Supporting Pride Cymru can generate a number of benefits:
- Affirmation to your workforce and the wider community of your organisation’s commitment to equality and diversity and to preventing discrimination of any kind. It gives the opportunity to show to customers, staff, members and suppliers that your organisation is a forward thinking business, serious about its commitment to increase understanding and respect for all.
- Your organisation is passionate about making a real difference to individual’s everyday lives, through helping to combat hate crime and making an impact on community safety.
- Recognition as a partner to Wales largest LGBT+ charity. Direct brand association and exposure to over ten thousand visitors on event day.
- Direct brand association and exposure to over ten thousand visitors on event day. We attract visitors to Pride Cymru from all over the UK and beyond, ranging from young children to the older community.
- Further brand association via Pride Cymru’s media and promotional activities, including our website, social networking, viral email campaigns, posters, e-brochure and mainstream media. The event had extensive media, print and online coverage last year from regional, local and national sources including BBC Wales, S4C, ITV Cymru, Wales Online, Western Mail, South Wales Echo, Buzz, Diva, Attitude, Awesome Cardiff and Pink News. It opens the potential for your business to be included.
- Access to LGBT+ awareness and education programmes.
- Opportunity to support Pride Cymru all year round with our Community Events Programme.